We added whether investor is committed to the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance. View info in the investor profile in the xklude database.
Why the Net-Zero Asset Owner Alliance?
- Asset Owners have a unique role in the global economy and financial systems. We can drive the development of industry best practice through our investment mandates.
- As pension funds and insurance companies, we have long-term investment horizons and liabilities. We are not only acutely vulnerable to the systemic disruptions that climate change will unleash on ecosystems, societies, and economies, but also have a key role to play in catalysing decarbonisation of the global economy and investing in climate-resilience.
- Recent years have seen an unprecedented surge in investor concern, rhetoric, and action on climate change, spanning the various spheres of influence that investors have at their disposal: their portfolios, their own transparency, and the regulatory frameworks established by public policy.
- As a result, many investor and asset owner initiatives focusing on climate change exist today. While many of these initiatives are worthwhile and deserve further strengthening and promotion, their respective impacts will benefit from greater alignment and coordination through a joint and lasting Asset Owner-led alliance.
- The Alliance will seek to work with and enhance a range of other existing initiatives including
- Science-based Targets Initiative
- Climate Action 100+
- The Investor Energy & Climate Action Toolkit
- The Investor Agenda